How To Clean Ooni Pizza Stones
- Allow your pizza stone to cool.
- Remove the stone from your oven.
- Use the scraper side of this pizza stone brush to remove burnt-on food.
- Use the stiff brush to sweep away crumbs and flour using a circular motion.
- Flip the stone over and put it back in the oven.
If you want to remove stains, here’s what to do:
- Remove pieces of food first by scraping them away with a spatula or brush.
- Make a paste that consists of equal parts water and baking soda.
- Scrub the paste on the stains.
- Wipe with a damp cloth.
- Allow the stone to completely dry.
How do you get the black off a pizza stone?
- Remove the stone carefully and one by one, put a small amount of water on the stone — just enough to get it slightly wet.
- To get off big chunks of baked food, scrape them off with a spatula and stone brush to scrub the pizza stone thoroughly.
- Wipe the stone off with a damp rag.
Why can’t you wash a pizza stone?
A pizza stone is a great tool — you just have to be a little careful with how you clean it. Because the stone is porous, it will absorb any soap or cleanser you put on it, so never clean it with anything you wouldn’t be comfortable eating.
Do I need to clean my Ooni pizza stone?
In general, you shouldn’t need to remove an Ooni pizza stone in order to clean it. The extreme heat should help to clean the stone, especially when you first fire up the oven. If the stone needs a good clean, you can leave the fire raging a little longer before launching the first pizza.
How do you clean ash off a pizza stone?
If the pizza stone is stained, some experts recommend that you create a paste using equal parts baking soda and water. The baking soda acts as a scrub to eliminate the stains. Then, you apply the paste to the stains and wipe using a damp cloth. Allow the stone to fully dry before putting it back into the oven.
Steps to Cleaning Your Stoneware
- Put a small amount of water on the stone — just enough to get it slightly wet.
- To get off big chunks of baked food, scrape them off with a blunt knife or metal spatula.
- Wipe the stone off with a damp rag.
- Let the stone air dry completely before placing it in a hot oven.
Is it normal for a pizza stone to turn black?
Pizza stones are made of a porous material so they absorb fats and oils from your pizza. Over time, this will darken the stone. This is not harmful to your pizza stone and it does not affect cooking performance or flavor in any way. In fact, this blackening is natural.
How do you remove mold from pizza stone?
Measure out about a teaspoon of baking soda and splash with vinegar. Scrub the mold with a toothbrush and the mixture. If it’s really bad, you may have to toss the stone. Remember: Never use bleach or any harsh chemicals on the mold or the pizza stone in general.
How do you get burnt stuff off a pizza stone?
Put a small amount of water on the stone — just enough to get it slightly wet. To get off big chunks of baked food, scrape them off with a blunt knife or metal spatula. Take the stainless steel brush, steel wool, or specialized pizza stone brush and carefully remove any stains or remaining food particles.
Carbon-Off is for tough, stuck-on stains, and works to dissolve grease and carbon build-up.
- Spray the pizza pans with Carbon-Off.
- Let them soak for 5 minutes.
- With the scouring pad, start scrubbing the pans until all of the build-up starts coming off.
- Clean the pans as you normally would.
How do you scrape a pizza stone?
Set the temperature to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow the stone and oven to reach the high temperature together. Once the oven reaches the correct temperature, allow the stone to bake for one hour. Turn off the oven and allow the stone to cool before gently scraping away the food with a plastic spatula.
How do you clean soot off a pizza stone?
To get stains out of a pizza stone, mix water and baking soda into a paste in a small bowl. Cover the stain with a bit of the paste, then use a brush to gently scrub the paste in a circular motion. Rinse the paste off, and the stain should be removed.
Can you rinse a pizza stone?
Cast Iron Pizza Stones
Scrape away any food bits and, if needed, wash quickly in hot soapy water. Rinse well and immediately dry with a cloth or paper towel.
How do you clean a pizza stone without a stone brush?
Using a damp cloth or brush, scrub in a circular motion, concentrating on the stained areas. Wipe away all of the baking soda with a damp cloth and dry the stone with a dishtowel. Be sure to let the stone air-dry completely before making your next homemade pizza.
How do you keep soot off an Ooni pizza oven?
If you’re getting a lot of soot, make sure the wood is dry and burns clean and that there is enough air flow to let the wood burn completely. I only use the gas burner on my Pro, but I’ve no where to store wood and once I got it figured out, it just works. I tend to cook in the 600-750F range.