Can I bleach the skin on my upper lip?
OTC Creams: Many over the counter creams and gels are available to lighten the dark skin in the upper lip area. These creams might contain hydroquinone, kojic acid and arbutin, which work as skin lightening agents by reducing the melanin content.
You can also include lemon juice to bleach and lighten the remaining hair.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of honey and ½ tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture to your upper lip skin.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Soak a washcloth in warm water.
- Gently wipe off the honey-lemon paste and rinse the area with cool water.
Other natural remedies
- Coconut oil. Using your fingertip, take a very small amount of coconut oil and gently apply it evenly over your lips.
- Rose water. Mix together two drops of rose water to six drops of honey.
- Olive oil.
- Cucumber juice.
- Almond oil.
Which bleach is best for upper lip hair?
Ciraldo recommends the also affordable Sally Hansen Creme Hair Bleach, especially for bleaching hair on the face. “Facial hair products should have skin-calming ingredients like aloe and vitamin E,” she says.
Options for Treatment
- Topical over-the-counter treatments like vitamin C, retinol, azelaic acid.
- Topical prescription options, including skin-lightening creams with active ingredients such as hydroquinone, kojic acid, and retinoids.
- Oral medications like tranexamic acid.
Why do people bleach upper lip?
Bleaching any upper lip hair will instantly minimise its appearance on light skin tones. This method is super-effective in 10 mins flat; however, it isn’t for everyone.
How Do You Get Rid Of Hyperpigmentation Around The Mouth?
- Exfoliate. If you exfoliate the area around your mouth regularly with a gentle exfoliator, it can remove dead cells and help to lighten the skin.
- OTC Skin-Brightening Creams.
- Medically Prescribed Ointments.
- Laser Treatments.
- Acid Peels.
- Natural Remedies.
- Use a homemade honey scrub. Share on Pinterest Exfoliating the lips with a honey scrub can help remove dead skin cells.
- Have an almond oil lip massage. Massaging oil into the lips can help moisturize them and boost circulation.
- Make your own lip balm.
- Use lemon, with care.
Why do I have dark pigmentation above my lip like a mustache?
What is a melasma mustache? Despite its name, melasma mustache has nothing to do with hair. Instead, it describes a pesky discoloration of the skin above the upper lip in the shape of a mustache. It’s caused by increased pigmentation in the skin.
Why is my mustache area dark?
“Sun mustaches are the result of excess melanin. Melanin is the substance that gives our eyes and skin their color. Melanocytes, which are pigment cells that reside in the innermost layer of the epidermis, are responsible for producing melanin. When excess melanin is produced, it causes the skin to darken.
Why is the skin above my upper lip dark?
Sun mustache presents as a darkened or shadowy-looking upper lip, stemming from sun damage that deepens skin’s pigmentation via excess melanin production (1). While sun protection is a key part of keeping this type of discoloration at bay, even those who apply sunscreen every day can end up with a sun ‘stache.
How do I get rid of a shadow above my upper lip?
Apply lemon juice
Applying lemon juice is an effective remedy that can treat the green shadow above the upper lip. The bleaching properties of lemon can brighten up the skin and lighten the green shadow or dark patches. Extract some lemon juice and apply on the skin. Wash off with water after some time.
What causes darkening of the skin above the upper lip?
Skin discoloration around the mouth is caused by excess melanin production in your skin. Hormonal changes, medications, and sun exposure are related to hyperpigmentation. Nutritional deficiencies, skin trauma, and other medical conditions may also cause skin discoloration.