Men’s Business Travel Wardrobe
- 2 dress tops.
- 1 pair of dress pants.
- 1 matching suit jacket.
- Pocket square and tie if needed.
- 1 casual shirt.
- 1 pair of jeans or khakis.
- 1-2 sets of pjs/loungewear.
- 1 pair of socks/ underwear for every day.
- Pack by look.
- Be strategic with shoes.
- Aim for a carry-on.
- Keep the expensive stuff in your carry-on.
- Carry the most important outfit with you.
- Bring your own conditioner.
- Invest in nice travel bags.
- Wear the heaviest/bulkiest garments.
What to pack for a 3-day business trip
- Pack Complete Looks. Narrowing down your work wardrobe to know what to pack for a 3 day trip is the difficult part.
- Pack Confidence.
- Pack Light.
- Pack Neutrals.
- Pack Outfits that can be Worn from Day to Night.
- Packing Footwear.
- Packing for Afterhours.
- Packing your Suitcase.
Read on for tips and lists of what to pack for a week trip.
- Electronics (phone, computer, camera)
- Chargers + adapters.
- Portable charger.
- Reusable water bottle (empty before TSA!)
- Reusable tote.
- Snacks (dried fruit, granola, popcorn, crackers)
- Sunglasses + prescription glasses.
How many suits should I pack for a business trip?
Most business travel calls for professional clothing including suits, slacks or skirts and dress shirts. Unless you are taking an extended trip, usually one or two complete suits with a selection of shirts will be enough.
Here are 10 essential items to include on your packing list for a business trip.
- Travel documents.
- Laptop or tablet.
- Wi-Fi access.
- Clothing and accessories.
- Wallet or purse.
- Breath mints.
- Printed handouts.
Use the business trip packing list template and add the following for a 3-day business trip.
- 2 Dress Shirts and 1 Casual T-Shirt. 2 wrinkle-resistant dress shirts.
- 2 Pairs of Pants. 2 pairs of pants and/or jeans.
- 3 Pairs of Underwear and Socks. 3 pairs of socks.
- 1 Blazer or Jacket.
- 2 Pairs of Shoes.
- 1 Set of Pajamas.
1-2 Pairs of Pants. A good pair of pants is hard to come by! …
- 1-2 Pairs of Pants. A good pair of pants is hard to come by!
- 1 Pair of Shorts (or a Skirt) If you’re headed to a warm climate, pack a pair of shorts.
- 2 Base Layer Tank Tops.
- 2 Tees or Blouses.
- 1 Hoodie or Cardigan.
- 1 Jacket.
- 1 Pair of Flats.
- 1+ Other Pairs of Shoes.
- 2 work bottoms (slacks or skirt)
- 4 work tops that coordinate with bottoms.
- 1 sweater that coordinates with outfits.
- 1 blazer or suit jacket, if necessary.
- 1 pair of comfortable work shoes that coordinate with all outfits.
- 1 pair of jeans or yoga pants for off times.
- 1 pair of running shoes for off times.
3-Day Weekend Packing List
- 1 pair of shoes.
- 3 outfits.
- 3 sets of underwear.
- 3 pairs of socks (1-2 pairs if wearing merino wool socks)
- 1 set of pajamas.
- Toiletry bag.
- Water bottle.
- Phone, charger, and earbuds or headphones.
1 blazer or suit jacket, if necessary. 1 pair of comfortable work shoes that coordinate with all outfits.
- toothpaste, toothbrush, floss.
- small pill kit (Advil, Imodium, prescriptions, etc.)
- glasses/contacts, travel sized contact solution.
- one day’s worth of emergency pads/tampons.
How many pairs of pants do I need for a 3 day trip?
One or two pairs of pants should be plenty for a three-day getaway; any more than that will take up unnecessary space in your bag. Try to pack a few pairs that are comfortable enough to wear on your flight, and have a few extra pockets to stash your small essentials. We recommend: Everlane Easy Pant.Clothes: If your trip is three days long, you will surely need a load of clothes.
- Shoes (sandals/flip flops, if going to the beach).
- A pair of comfortable jeans/jeggings/shorts/leggings.
- 2 to 3 t-shirts or tops.
- Two pairs of socks.
- Two pairs of undergarments.
- One lightweight jacket.
- Winter jacket or parka. (
How to pack light for a weekend in the city?
- Pack outfits and layers, not clothes.
- Pack clothes that you know and love.
- Pack the most important things and leave the “just in case” items.
- Minimalist outfits for a city-break.
- Carry-on clothes checklist.
- Extra clothes and miscellaneous.
- Minimalist toiletries for travel.
How many pairs of pants do I need for a 3 week trip?
Pack 3-4 total bottoms and focus on cold weather versus warm weather. Dark denim is a great choice for Europe! But, take only one pair of jeans and go with the darkest pair.
How many pairs of pants should I bring on a trip?
It is best to have two pairs of bottoms (pants, shorts, or skirts) for each week that you’ll be staying. Plan on bringing four shirts per week, and two jackets to layer for warmth (if you’re traveling to a cool or cold destination).